Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Prayer for Deliverance of Addicted Persons


(For cases of addiction to drugs. cigarettes, alcohol, foods, etc)

St. Michael, the Archangel,
            I come to you
            With a body broken
            By addiction to _____________.
I have tried
            All possible solutions
            To break this habit,
            But though my spirit is willing,
            My body is weak.
I realize that
            I am struggling against
            An evil greater than myself.
So I am taking refuge under
            The shadow of your wings,
            That your sword may protect me
            And help me get out
            Of this situation of addiction.
My family and my loved ones
            Have suffered much
            Because of me.
                        For their sakes,
                        I want to change my life
                        And live happily with them.
St. Michael, you are the first
To struggle against Satan and his devils.
            I feel their power over me,
            And I believe that
            This addiction is no longer
            A human reality
            But a product of
            Satan’s manifold presence
On earth.
I beseech your presence in my lonely struggle.
As I wake up each morning,
            Enkindle in my heart
            Your faith and total surrender to God.
            Make my will invincible as yours
            So that I may continue
            With my therapy and treatment
            Without relapses
            And so that I may seek
            Strength from the sacraments,
Especially from the Holy Eucharist.

St. Michael, through your intercession,
I know that Jesus will help me.
Amen.


 Source: St. Michael's Book of Deliverance 

No comments:

Post a Comment